Friday, December 5, 2008

The ten day coutndown to Porto!!!!!!!

This is the second to last email I will post from Sarah's MTC experience! I also received a letter from her and she is doing well. She had Elder Holland come and speak to them at the MTC and said it was a neat experience, but he looked exhausted and said the world is really becoming a tough place out there... Keep strong, y'all!!!

AND, PLEASE write her this week while she can still get it at the MTC! Otherwise, send her some Christmas love in Portugal!!! :) - Ridiculouslygoodlooking

December 6, 2008

So, the big news of the week is that I get my travel plans!!! Crazy isn't it? The problem is I still can't speak Portuguese! Oh well, I guess I will have to learn over there right? I have 10 days left here in the MTC and then it is back to the real world.
Hmm, lets see if anything interesting happened this week....
The Brazil group got their visas on Tuesday, and Wednesday they were gone. 22 people left and now our zone racks in a whole 20 people. We are little. Of course that also means that once again I am companion-less. I swear I'm a nice person, but apparently I scare away my companions....oops
Funny story of the week. I was in helping the newest district with their Portuguese one morning and there were telling me how they were working on memorizing the first vision. I though, " hey, thats great- good for you." A couple minutes later I was sitting there and I looked at the wall where they had a poster with the first vision written out. After a couple seconds I figured I should ask a question. " Why do you have the first vision up in Italian?" Needless to say, they didn't realize that what they were attempting to learn was not Portuguese. I thought it was funny.
Well, this week has been pretty mellow- I think we are just all a bit nervous that we are leaving soon. The travel plans are the exciting thing of the week. Of course that also means that all of you who have those letters you haven't sent yet have one more week before you have to send them to Portugal! Anyway, hope that everyone is doing well and good luck with Finals that are coming soon--at least I think.
So- Portuguese word of the week is atacadores. It means shoelaces, and always gives me this random mental image of some guy being attacked by the old school high top tennis shoes with really long laces. Thought I would share that- maybe it will give you a laugh.

We have put up the lights and little tree in my room, so we are in the Christmas spirit as well. We are even in the process of re-writing the song "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" to "I'm gonna be in Portugal for Christmas." Quite interesting actually. Keep up the good work, I miss being there, but I'm excited to be here!
I am so thankful for the ability that the gospel has to bless lives. We have a mock investigator that we have been teaching for a couple weeks now, and it is amazing how, even though it is fake. I am so excited when he finally received a confirmation that the Book of Mormon is true and when he said that he could see the effects in his life. I know I'm a nerd, but it really made my whole day! The church is true and the gospel is worth it- no matter what it happens to be! Love you all!

Irma Ray"

The following is Sarah's contact information while in the MTC. She is scheduled to leave for Portugal on the 16th of December. Write her now while it is still free.

The best way to write Sarah, which is free and probably the easiest (letters only) is:
1) On the internet go to dearelder.com
2) There is a drop down box on the right hand side down just a couple inches. Enter her mission which is Provo-MTC and then click "write a letter" just below where you select the mission.
3) On the next screen enter your return address and Sister Sarah Ray in the address line, add your email in the email box below the envelope.
4) Write your letter in the text box and then hit the "send letter" box under the text box to send it on.

Again, this is free and is valid during her time at the MTC.

Her contact information for US mail (letters and all packages) is:

Sister Sarah Ray
MTC Mailvox #157
POR-PORT 1216
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, Utah 84604-1793

No comments: