Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Clear Communication and an Appreciation for Noah...

Hey y'all! Thank you so much to all of you who took the time to write Sarah for her birthday or send me letters for her package. I mailed the package last week, so she should have it on Wednesday or Thursday of this week - a little Birthday/Valentine's love from all of us! Keep on writing and praying for her, and all our missionaries - have a great day! :)
- Ridiculouslygoodlooking

"From Sister Sarah Ray

Hello once again from Portugal! I´m sorry to report that nothing really exciting has happened here this week. The rain continues and actually we had the wonderful experience to go tracting in a hail storm a couple times this week. Definitely an interesting experience. The good news was is we made friends with all the other people taking cover underneath the freeway overpass and we are going to teach some of them. The bad news is we found out hail has a bad habit of putting runs in your nylons...That is just not acceptable! The Portuguese have a superstition that if it doesn´t rain of 2º Fev. then it will rain every day for the rest of the month. Little did we know what our one P-day of sun was signing us up for!! I think I am actually starting to buy into superstition. Irmã Polito and I are considering building an ark because at one point we were walking in 3 inches of water that covered the streets and the sidewalks. I have a whole new appreciation for Noah now. We have been having all sorts of fun.

Believe it or not, the whole communication thing is actually going pretty well. Since I am the one who knows the area I have to be the guarder of the cell phone. That means I actually have to talk on it, which can be quite difficult to uderstand. I did feel very good about myself though when one of the members couldn´t tell if they were talking to me or to Irmã Polito. WOOHOO. The one sad thing is that also means the great Portuguese accent that I was being complimented on has started to turn Brazillian. (Yes- BG, Steven, Dustin, Kirk and everyone else who served in Brazil I know you are excited) However, the other day I don´t even know what I said but I had three people laughing at me so hard they could hardly stay seated at the bus stop. It was a bit discouraging. We are hoping for a baptism eventually. Ludimila is not really looking like it is going to happen. She hasn´t been able to meet with us in 3 weeks. Hmm---- I am learning over and over again, the Lord gives you the power to do what you are called for. The church is true, so we just have to keep up the work! Well, I think that about sums it up for the week. Have a marvelous week, stay warm for me and hope that everything goes well for everyone!
Beij
Irmã Ray

Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa, Lynda, The Winters Family and Claire for the birthday wishes. I received the cards this week! They were very welcome!

Irmã Ray"

The following are the options for writing Sarah. Here is what to do:
1) You can use the dearelder.com website. This requires Postage to Portugal (94 cents). You will need to set up an account with money in it and then it will subtract the correct postage from it each time you send a letter .
2) There is a drop down box on the right hand side down just a couple inches. Enter her mission which is Portugal Porto and then click "write a letter" just below where you select the mission.
3) On the next screen enter your return address and Sister Sarah Ray in the address line, add your email in the email box below the envelope.
4) Write your letter in the text box and then hit the "send letter" box under the text box to send it on.
5) Again, this requires postage so you have to set up an account and put money into it and then it will subtract each time you write.

OR
2) The alternate way for sending anything (i.e. letters, packages, etc) through the mail is below. This is her address in her current area (Braga):

Sister Sarah Ray
Rua Padre Antonio Vieira
Nº91 5º Tras
Braga 4710-374
Portugal

No comments: